Ready to Report Discrimination?
Read below to review some common signs of discrimination and learn what you should do. Call us toll free at (866) 637-0733 or use the form below to report suspected discrimination.
Suspect Discrimination? Here is what to do:
THINK. Think through your experience, from the beginning to the end. Was any part of what you experienced based on race, color, religion, gender, family status, national origin, disability, marital status, or age? Do you know of other people who had a different or the same experience as you?
WRITE IT DOWN. Write down names, addresses, and phone numbers of anyone or any company involved. Be as specific as you can and note dates, times, and what coversations took place. Keep copies of letters, emails, or any other documents or information that was a part of the experience.
REPORT IT! Use the form below or call us toll free at (866) 637-0733 or visit us at our office located at 405 W Michigan Avenue Kalamazoo Michigan 49007. We are here to help you!
Know the signs of discrimination:
If you or someone you know has experienced one or more of these possible signs of discrimination, please report it!
- Being refused when trying to sell, rent or show housing
- Different housing terms offered to different people
- Any statement that the housing is not right for you or your family
- Housing listed as “Available”, but you are told it is not available
- Being directed to certain neighborhoods based on race, ethnicity, or family status
- Something changes from a phone call and an in-person visit
- You are not contacted after your application
- Unreasonable refusal of mortgage loan or home owners insurance
- Being harassed or intimidated
Use this form for more information or to report suspected housing discrimination.